Thursday, January 15, 2015

Almost Two Weeks

I am not sure if the time is flying or I am just exhausted.  Either way, nearly two weeks have been spent in the classroom. I enjoy the work. I cannot say I enjoy all the administrative work I have to do.

We also have had a bit of a respite in the cold weather. I like that, except that with the mild temperatures comes melting and freezing. That cycle makes for a lot of ice to navigate on my walk to and from work.

I think in spite of the enjoyment at work I still seem to be counting the days til I return.  I can't really spend any time counting the days because my days are full of thinking and doing, and thinking for others.  That is good.  There is a special reward in watching the glee in a student when she figures out how to pronounce the word successfully. If that is all it takes to be happy, then I am very happy.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. Friday.  My beginning of the weekend. I will think very little, relax a lot.  And maybe just find those elusive (sour cabbage) cabbage rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment